Sack Daddy Blog
De-stress on a Sack Daddy Foam Bean Bag Chair September 17, 2014 07:00
Stress. We all have it, sometimes in bigger doses than others. Often, it feels like the entire world is a stressful place trying to pick our brains apart with anxiety. The world is full of troubles, and our individual lives are full of plenty, too. And when you can't remove the stressors, then you need to find ways to relieve all that pent-up fear, and the best way to do that is to relax. So, we at Sack Daddy offer you the perfect relaxation tool: the oversized foam bean bag chair.
A relaxing chair is one where you can practically melt into it. Lay back, roll your eyes up in relief, and let every muscle go limp. The hard arms and backs of traditional chairs and couches don't always make this possible. But a Sack Daddy chair is 100% soft and smooth. With the circular shape of our 6-foot bean bag chair, most anybody can lie down or roll around in any which way and still be comfortable. And while we say "bean bag chair" for clarity, they're actually filled with soft shredded furniture foam, way more comfortable. Imagine yourself sinking into a luxuriously soft sack seat, like an enormous pillow there to catch your troubles.
You'll also need a quiet spot to relax. Maybe an office or bedroom, somewhere behind closed doors? Turn off the TV, cell phone, and everything else and just listen to the silence, or maybe some soft music or ambiance if that helps. It's getting warmer, so open up the windows and listen to the sounds of nature. That's one more benefit of Sack Daddys being filled with foam instead of beans, no annoying rattle when you shift!
What stresses you out? For a lot of people, it's the TV. Favorite sports teams may not be going the way they want, Cliffhanger endings on the soap operas, or more seriously, scary stories on the evening news. A Sack Daddy foam lounger is a wonderful way to lay back and just calm down. Loungers are more ovular, very similar to a futon, so they're good TV spots. When the tube gets too nutty, try turning it off. Then lay back in the chair or lounger and just breathe a minute.
College got you stressed? The 3-foot foam chair is excellent for dorms, single apartments, and other small places you can get on a student's budget. They're also the least expensive and most portable, so you can take them back home, too. But it's just as tall as all the other sacks (3 feet tall) so it can take the same amount of stress without taking too much floor space. Take five and chill in the sack. Catch your breath, then hop back up and do a little more. Take it in pieces.
Stress is no fun, so find ways to stop and relieve it. You may not think you have time, but making the time will help you get more done than wearing yourself out. Take a walk, listen to music, do some yoga, or just sit down for a few minutes in a Sack Daddy foam seat, the most relaxing chair on the planet. Take it easy!
Top Ten Movie Marathons with your Sack Daddy Bean Bag Chair September 5, 2014 13:17
What goes better with a giant bean bag chair than a good movie? Hmm, maybe a good book, but that’s beside the point. We at Sack Daddy make fantastic, high-quality bean bag furniture that’s durable, yet incredibly comfortable. So let’s say you’re considering a six-foot blue furry bean bag chair. You might be wondering...what exactly would you do in it? Well, since we believe you can enjoy one of our chairs for a long, long time, we’ve decided to give you a list of great movie marathons to put us to the test. Even if you don't have a great big theatre room, you can still bury yourself in your Sack Daddy and watch to your heart's content. Here are the top ten picks for a long day of movie-going.
1. STAR WARS. Oh, come on, you knew this had to be there. Maybe you’re only a fan of the original trilogy, but if you’re feeling extreme, try out all six movies in one day.
2. INDIANA JONES. Ah, the gold ol’ days of action and adventure. The fourth film is much maligned, but the original trilogy is still beloved.
3. HARRY POTTER. Eight films adding up to about 20 hours in movie time. This is one of the heaviest marathons. However, if you hit one of the more boring movies, you can always curl up in your big sack chair and take a nap right there!
4. THE DARK KNIGHT. Christopher Nolan’s gritty update on the Batman franchise won a lot of love from fans. This is a lighter marathon, only three films, so you can still get plenty of sleep.
5. PRIDE AND PREJUDICE. Here’s one that’s not included in a lot of lists. This six-part BBC series was a fantastic adaptation of a fantastic novel. This is a great choice for marathon-ers who like plot and romance over explosions and action. (Try out a romantic red lounger and cuddle up with your special somebody!)
6. THE LORD OF THE RINGS. The films that made fantasy cool again, relive the incredible adventure in Middle Earth. Normally around 7 hours, serious marathon-ers should try the extended editions, totaling about 12 hours or more!
7. THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS. True, there’s a 7th film coming out in 2015, but 6 films is still a good marathon. Fast cars, hot stars!
8. TWILIGHT. Hey, if this is your thing, you enjoy it. If it’s not, you can always make fun of the movies! Sometimes, that’s more fun than the movie itself!
9. THE BOURNE IDENTITY. Tired of fantasy silliness? How about a mystery/action franchise? Ride along with Matt Damon’s signature films. (Less-popular fourth film optional).
10. THE MARVEL FILMS. The ultimate marathon. Multiple franchises, multiple plotlines, and a whole lot of action. For a relatively lighter fare, try just the Avengers films (Iron Man, Thor, etc). But if you’re REALLY extreme, do ALL the Marvel movies (All the X-Men, all the Spider-Mans, ALL the movies).
Bring caffeine. Bring your friends and load up your new 8-foot monster bean bag chair. Bring popcorn, snacks, soda, beer, whatever it takes to get you through hours upon hours of awesome movies. What’s your favorite movie franchise?
TV Time In Your Large Bean Bag Chair June 7, 2014 11:07
Sack Daddy Bean Bag Chairs Make Great Graduation Gifts May 8, 2014 09:21
Got a high school or college student who's finally made it through all the tests, or is about to? Looking for a good gift that says, "I love and support you"? How about giving them something useful, too? Like a Sack Daddy large bean bag chair. What makes a Sack Daddy so useful? Because whether they're heading into a dorm or heading for their own home, they're going to need some furniture. That's right, furniture, not toys. At Sack Daddy, we're serious about our products (even if they are darn fun). Our bean bag chairs are only named "bean bag chairs" so you know what we're talking about. They're actually foam bag chairs. No, no, not foam like the soap you use to wash your hands. No, we mean shredded furniture foam. If you peel open your couch cushions, you'll see they're filled with a foamy material. Ours is a similar product, just shredded up into maleable pieces. They're ultra-smooth and oh so comfortable.
If your graduate is about to head into a college dorm, then we'd recommend one of our smaller foam bagchairs, like the 3-foot or 4-foot sack. These are slim enough to fit into smaller spaces, and dorms are about as small as you can get! However, each sack is still 3-feet thick, so they're strong enough to support your student after a long day.
If they're moving into an apartment or something else that's bigger, you might want to consider a lounger. These are larger than the sacks and longer, so they fit more like a couch would, up against a wall (or right in the middle of the floor if they feel like it). They're also long enough for them to snuggle up with a special someone! And the best part? This kind of furniture won't break the bank.The 6-foot Sack Daddy Lounger is only $200. That's a 6-foot-wide Sack Daddy, big enough for two adults, for only $200 with a one-year warranty.It's a gift they'll be able to use with every movie, every book, every video game, and every quiet moment. Get your graduate something useful that will last, something they'll truly enjoy, a Sack Daddy oversized foam chair. Comfortable, affordable, and enduring.
Storm Safety Tips From Sack Daddy April 19, 2014 10:12
Sack Daddy wants to provide you with the ultimate form of comfort with our giant bean bag chairs. Crash in front of the TV with one of our great big sacks (up to 8 whopping feet!) filled with specialized shredded furniture foam, which molds around you instead of running away from you like old-school styrofoam beans. So make yourself a groove and flip on the sports,the comedies, the news, whatever, and enjoy. However, this is the time of year when the TV gets interrupted by that panic-inducing triple buzz and that little ribbon that says a nasty storm is in the area. Sack Daddy wants you to be comfortable, but we also want you to be safe during tornado season. Twisters are nasty, so here are a few very basic tips for bad
1. Have a plan. The last thing you want to do is panic in these situations. Have a plan and let everyone in the house know what that plan is. Where to go, what to grab, what to do, etc. If you have little ones, you may want to practice it. If everyone knows what to do, it gets done faster.
2. Get someplace safe. If you have a basement, use it. Otherwise, get into an interior room with no windows. Bathrooms are great for this.
3. Bring supplies. A radio is the most important thing so that you can hear the weather alerts and know if the tornado is near. Flashlights are also handy since storms like to knock out the power. Bright extra batteries for both. Take some first-aid supplies like bandages, and be sure to include all necessary medications. Aside from the essentials, you might want to bring a book or something since you could be there a while.
4. Get cover. If the worst starts happening, you'll want to put something between you and debris. One of the safest ways is to get everyone in a tub and hold a mattress or something like it over your heads. This is going to sound very strange, but it's true: a Sack Daddy foam chair actually helps in this situation. The foam doesn't just move around like old beans do; it can be molded a bit, and ALL sacks are 3 feet thick except the giant pillow, so they can take a hit. And most sacks are big enough to fit 2-5 people. Put the sack, the mattress, or whatever you have, over your head to protect it. Homes are replaceable, and we really don't mind if you tear our furniture up as long as you're safe.
5. Keep a weather eye. Your best tool is awareness. Keep an eye on the sky and the weather station warnings, and an ear out for sirens. If you're stuck in the basement, a battery-powered radio is ideal, but sometimes the TV still works. Call relatives if you must from your cell phone. Spring brings back the beauty of nature, but it also brings its wrath. So maybe our foam-filled sacks keep you comfortable while you watch the Weather Channel, maybe they protect your head from debris, but whatever you do and whatever you have, make sure you stay safe.
Sack Daddy Reviews - The Hunger Games: Catching Fire March 29, 2014 19:44
Sack Daddy Reviews fills you in on the latest DVD new releases, so you can kick back in a gigantic bean bag chair and enjoy a night off.
This month, it was the hotly-anticipated Hunger Games sequel, Catching Fire. Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) saved herself and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) in the last year's Hunger Games, but it has brought anything but joy. Katniss's defiance has brought about an uprising from the oppressed districts against the Capitol, and President Snow (Donald Sutherland) wants her to calm the situation with her newfound popularity, playing up her love for Peeta. But Peeta knows it's just an act, and he's not happy with it. And Katniss's best friend Gale (Liam Hemsworth) reveals that he's interested in much more than friendship. The Capitol begins cracking down harder than ever, resulting in a new kind of Hunger Games, one that pits 24 old winners together. Katniss is about to go back into the arena.
That's a lot to cover in just a couple hours, and not all of it flows perfectly. The first act is particularly rushed, and even later acts have moments where you just wish they'd slow down. And the love triangle seems less inspired this time around, partly because there's so much else going on, partly because Katniss's affections seem to flip-flop without reason or deliberation. She doesn't like either boy, but kisses each frequently. While this is true to the book, the book went over Katniss's conflicted feelings for both and her own inner turmoils. The film just shows her kissing both boys willy-nilly.
But these are the only real complaints. The rest is a wonderful whirlwind of action and plot development. The rebellion is built up well, the most exciting part being the Quarter Quell, the new Hunger Games which feature all old stars, none of them happy about being called back into duty. Emotions are high, and the tributes' reactions to being called back are especially strong and varied to suit the characters. Action is intense, though this time around, the arena is more dangerous than the tributes, with dozens of wicked tricks like acid fog and bloody rain.
And the best news? A LOT less shaky camera work.
The side characters steal the show, with Elizabeth Banks reprising her role as the surprisingly-likable Effie and Woody Harrelson is again grumpy, yet sagely as Haymitch. Fans of the book will be delighted with new tributes such as the charming Finnick, the spitfire Johanna, kindly old Mags, and wickedly clever Beetee.
FINAL VERDICT: 4/5 stars. More of what audiences loves, less of what they hated. While the pacing is too quick and the love triangle feels forced at times, the film is still highly enjoyable with dozens of great actors playing great characters and a slow, but steady build to revolution that will be showcased in the final films.
RATED PG-13 for intense sequences of action/violence, some frightening/thematic elements, a suggestive situation, and some language.
RECOMMENDED SACK INSPIRED BY THIS FILM: If you're on team Peeta, the Tan Fur bean bag lounger, wide enough for two. If your'e on team Gale, the Charcoal foam lounger to hide the miner's soot. If your'e on team Katniss, the Cinnabar 5-foot bean bag chair, single and on fire!
Sack Daddy Giant Bean Bag Customer Reviews March 10, 2014 07:59
It’s easy for us to stand here with a megaphone and shout, “Buy a Sack Daddy giant bean bag chair! They’re ultra-comfortable and more affordable than other giant bean bag chairs!” See? Easy! But it doesn’t mean much when we say they’re awesome. So here are a few excerpts from real people who actually bought and tried a Sack Daddy luxury bean bag foam chair.
Let’s start with our 6-foot bean bag chair. One customer from Illinois said it was “Attractive,” “Comfortable,” and “easy to assemble.” Our bean bag chairs come in a single, simple box with easy-to-follow instructions, so set-up is simple. Another customer from Florida said he would “definitely be back for more products once I have enough room.” You can see how it’s our most popular product, and it’s still only $198!
How about one of our smaller bean bag chairs, the 3-foot model that’s great for kids. “Shelly from Texas” would agree. “I bought this for my son last Christmas and he absolutely loves his sack Daddy... He uses it so much that I am not sure what he was sitting on before I got it for him!!! He loves to play his video games in his Sack Daddy. Thanks for a great product.”
What did one customer call the “Best purchase I’ve made in a long time”? Our gigantic 8-foot foam chair. This is the biggest one we make, 8 feet of sheer comfort. In fact, another customer called it “Sleepable.” “I find myself sleeping in it quite often-very comfortable.”
So the sacks are good, but what about the loungers? Don’t ask us, ask the people who bought them! A customer from Tennessee said that she and her kids fight for the 6-foot lounger when they first walk in. We don’t want to cause any domestic disputes, but yeah! They’re that good! Another customer from Texas said that it was “Kid and Pet Friendly.” “My 11 year old son lounges all over this thing with our two cats and dog playing Xbox...such a GREAT find!!!”
A church youth group in Ohio bought our 7.5-foot bean bag lounger for the kids, and they can’t seem to get enough of it! “All around, the kids love the lounger, and they’ve named it “the Thing.” They love that it’s something besides boring chairs and provides hours of fun and relaxation.” The mutual consensus?
Sack Daddy giant bean bag sacks and loungers are amazing. Check out our inventory and buy one for your house, apartment, dorm, office, or church youth group today.